March 07, 2017

Read to me 02 -- Same Story



I got home late from my parent's place. It was past 10 at night and he was no where to be found at my place. Quickly, I check my phone and I've realized I did not see his last message and it goes:

Scott: [Hey nerd, I'm over at Dwayne's. Do join us when you're back. Hope you're here with me.] -- 15:23pm

Dwayne was his first love. He told me that because he didn't want to hide it from me. I know Dwayne has this hot Broadway actor for a boyfriend but I still see the sparkle in his eyes towards my Scott. I might be over thinking. So, I reply and trying very hard not to sound jealous.

Me: [Hey, I just got home. Didn't read ur message until just now. I don't think I'll be going over, I'm really exhausted. Say "Hi" to them for me please and remember to have fun!] -- 22:07pm

Scott: [Wait what... Why not? Come on over here, babe. Jess, Dan and the rest are asking for you too! They want to know your side of the story about the 2 of us. They do not believe my version of the story on how we got together.] -- 22:12pm

Me: [Haha... I have an early meeting tomorrow morning. Spare me and arrange another time with them, pweeese. Please do not over drink for my sake. I do not want to smell like Uncle Jack or Uncle Johnny all over my neck and ear when you snogged me up as we sleep.] -- 22:20pm

Scott: {Typing...} -- 22:23pm

Scott: {Typing...} -- 22:38pm

Scott: {Typing...} -- 23:07pm

What in heavens name is he trying to tell? Just press enter already!

Scott: [Hey, Dwayne's here. Scotty just passed out and I think its best you come over. Chuck and I will be waiting for you. He is on the floor sleeping. Well, its a good sign he did not throw up. Even so, he keeps on asking for you and mumbling your name many times.] -- 23:28pm

Should I go over? Should I not? I'm facing my own dilemma here. I neither wanted to show how needy I am nor I wanted to show how much I'm a douche for not bothering. I know how he calls for my name on some nights when he's dreaming.

Me: [Oh okay. I didn't know that. I'm on my way over.] -- 23:40pm

I arrived and rang the bell. Dwayne opens the door and welcomes me in. The initial jealousy I had for Dwayne became an embarrassment now. I didn't want to come over in the first place because of all the stuff I'm thinking of what they had done in that house. My raging jealous hormones again! Stop being such a drama queen and since when I'm that kind of boyfriend?

"I'm so sorry" I said apologetically.
"No, please. It's fine. Don't worry about it." He replied.
"Hmmm... Shall we just wake him up instead?" I asked.
"Can I ask?" Curiously he asked as he ignored my question.
"Yup, sure." I quickly replied.
"Did you guys really meet in the café by sitting opposite each other over a small coffee table for the past 5 months?" I guess he really wanted to know.
"So, you are equally as curious as the rest too huh?" I smiled.
"Well, you weren't here to witness how he was jumping around just now when he says how he first met you in the café." He explained with a laugh. Chuck was nodding in agreement.
"Yeah, did he tell you how loud he farted on that very first time we meet too? And did he tell you we both crack up in the café when it started to smell as people's face get twisted?" I shared.

We all burst into hysterical laughter!

"He did not even fart right in front of me even we went out for 2 years." Dwayne said it point blank when Chuck went into the bathroom.
"Hmm..." I can't think of what else to say because it seems that my Scotty really likes me more than Dwayne.
"Come on. We will both help you by bringing him back to your place. Are you up for it?" Dwayne suggested.
I nodded with a smile with a sigh of relieved.

We were back. Right before Dwayne stepped out as Chuck was waiting for him in the car, he told me something that I'll never forget til this day.

"Never ever break his heart. I know I have hurt him before. Really bad. He didn't even want to look at me for nearly 2 years. But still, he was the one who made the first move to ask whether are we able to remain as friends. I have agreed with so much guilt in me. I know how I looked at him beamingly because that's who the real Scott is when he is in love. I know. And now that I've seen you, and I can see why he's so happy with you. You two are meant to be together."

Before he walks out, I tapped his shoulder and ask sincerely, "Can we be friends?"
He smiled and hugged me as though a heavy weight has just lifted his shoulder and said. "Oh yes! Yes, please! He talks so much about you and I really want to know you better as you." As we part, I saw tears shedding from his face as he waves goodbye towards me.


As I closed the door and turn, there he was, my Scotty, standing there beside the edge of the sofa staring at me and confess his first "I Love You" to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment