March 24, 2017

5 Years

Brock's Side

There are mornings, I would run in the park for an hour for a good cardio. The greens are lovely during mid Spring and towards the browning at the end of Autumn. 

My doctor has been advising me to exercise because he said during workout, my brain produces masses of endorphin so that it keeps me sane and healthy. Instead of me falling into constant negative thoughts in wasting my time pitying myself all day long. 

Also, friends are hard to come by when you are fairly new to a foreign environment. I've been away long enough to think of all the love ones I left behind. Many acquaintances I had during office hour is a fair amount of socializing and I still need my ME time because it is crucial.

I was sent here to oversee a 5 year project. Time is short and I needed my sanity to move to the next ladder before I head back to my home country. I do Skype with my love ones once in awhile to do my routine catch up. 

My love for reading isn't pronounced but I love doing it while listening to a full album of "The Complete Symphonic Recording of Les Misérables". My favorite song titled "Who Am I" is what I always performed in the shower. Of course, renting a room in a townhouse with 2 other guys, headphone is my ultimate getaway while mimicking Jean Valjean during those big numbers in the album.

I do have my favorite breakfast place after my run. I would cool off with a hot mug of black coffee, a soft boiled egg and an aromatic toast with a slight hint of butter. My fanny bag does not only contain my water but also a half read eBook at 436 pages off 739 pages of Epic Fantasy which is only from the best author, Brandon Sanderson.

My usual morning routine:
- Black Coffee
- Soft Boiled Eggs
- Toast (with butter)
- Morning greeting to the regulars at the breakfast place.


Keaton's side

This is where I grew up. My school is around the corner and I think I know the ins and outs of this town a fair bit well. It's always nice and breezy but I wanted to get away to see what the world outside has to offer. 

Yes, I do have a job that brings me around. It's not that I'm not appreciative that I'm able to see the world outside. But there was no culture experiences because the job occupies it. So, half the time I'm worn out and didn't have the time to explore these famous places that I'm visiting.

Mama told me that I need to move out just because she said so. Papa wouldn't be proud if he knows I'm still living with Mama. Papa left us 3 years ago and I still missed his stories about how Grandpa was being ill-treated during World War 2. He has his favourite moments by smoking his little cigar and drink a glass of whiskey while telling me these stories.

Big brother, Andrew never likes how Papa tells his stories because he always think Papa sees the world negatively or he was very badly influenced by Grandpa's view in mankind. So, Andrew moved out at the age of 18 and we've only seen him during Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas and Papa's wake, with his wife and 2 beautiful kids.

I grew up with some of my best homies from school. They just moved into this new townhouse place 3 years ago with 1 other guy. They told me there is this new guy who just came by and I haven't met him since. Jake & Ricardo were my barbecue buddies once a month just to chill and trash talk at their place. It's an excuse for me to Mama that I am away. She still doesn't buy that excuse. I love her to bits

Oh yes, my homies knew that I am having a major crush with this morning guy. Yes, I'm a proud gay man and I am fairly vocal about my sexuality when it comes to people I know. Every morning, whilst listening to "The Complete Symphonic Recording of Les Misérables" mimicking Javier while his number "Stars" came on, this guy would just greet his Good Mornings with everyone. Without fail, he always greeted with a genuine smile even without knowing us personally. Seriously, I am desperately interested to know who this person is.


In the end

5 years has passed. It was the day before Brock is leaving for his home country after his project has been accomplished. They were cuddling each other singing their favorite song "One Day More" from the album that they both love. 

Making promises that both will be happy for each other no matter what happens. 12 hours apart is never ideal for a relationship but what they had they counted their blessings.

Their occasional contact via emails and various social medias kept their friendship close. But as time goes by, they grew apart, and they have never find what they once had within that 5 lovely years.

A memory to be treasured for a very very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment