May 30, 2018

One of those nights

Photo Credit: Waynn Images

We got back from dinner and he was all restless and groggy for staying up late last night for work that he was unable to complete. I was anticipating a movie night after a long week of hard work, he wasn't feeling it.

I guess I have to watch it in the living room all by myself then. He said he needed to shower and goes straight to sleep. You can see it in his eyes that energy has fully drained from all the workload. So, I prep up a bottle of drinking water for the night by squeezing half a lemon juice for some flavoring at his bedside. Knowing full well, he needed to stay hydrated during the night.

Eventually, I've prepared myself a good bowl of ice cream with some crushed chocolate mint cookies on top of it. I heard him got out of the bathroom all freshen up and with nothing on, coming my way just to kiss me goodnight. What a tease! But it was our practice, no matter how angry we are with each other, we will have to kiss each other goodnight. It's a pact! It's our pact!

My movie ended at about 1:47am and I was all hyped up with their next movie installment which is archived in my "to watch list" folder. As I was washing my bowl of ice cream, I heard noises coming from our room. Those rustling noise that can't be missed, it was our stand fan that got switched on. He's not asleep yet? That can't be it.

As I switched off the kitchen light, I walked in quietly just to make sure he's asleep. When my eyes are getting used to the darkness, he was laying there on his stomach naked with the fan directed to him. His muscular back makes it all worthwhile for me to have a few more stares in admiration before I climb over to my bedside to have my fair share of sleep. 

When I got myself all comfortable, he suddenly said this,

"Hey, I'm not asleep yet."

"Why aren't you asleep? You look really tired."

"I miss watching it with you. But I'm really lethargic but still, I miss you."

"I miss you too. What's going on? What's in your mind?"

He started telling me about the people he works with, the unfair treatments. He said he chose the high road by remaining his silence (which I agreed). And he suddenly pan over to my side and pull me closer to him with his head on my neck and he said,

"I wanted to tell you I'm so frustrated but it seems so unfair to you."

"Now wait a minute, why do you say that?" I was shocked when I replied, he never says that about himself that way before.

"I always feel inadequate when I'm in a workplace. And when I'm home and I got to see you. I don't feel that about myself anymore. Have I not been talking to you lately?"

I kissed his forehead and replied, 

"Nerd, you needed the rest. You're on anxiety mode because you're too tired. Come closer to me! Because I need my princess sleep with you too."

"I'm the princess tonight! So, do I get the whole night with you?" His head is still on my neck while whispering to my ear.

"Alright, alright, the whole night." I smiled.

"Can I grab your cute butt too?" 

"Hey! You stole my line!"

He giggled, "I know... because you can't resist mine. I'm all yours to grab."

In just a few minutes of silence, I heard him snoring through my ears with his thumb on my nipple. I am really glad that he's able to fall asleep with my hand caressing his cute muscular heinie.

No comments:

Post a Comment