February 28, 2019

Day to day

He used to smile and greet me with much love and affection. Today, he walks into the room facing the floor. My first reaction, have I done something wrong? Or was he having a bad day? He looks at me, then he looks away and he went straight into the bathroom to take his shower.

I didn't know how to cheer him up. So, I just did what I do best. Setting our dinner that was readily prepared for his homecoming. The sound of his shower has ceased. My heart sank and started beating with anxiety. Will he even share?

He walks out with his towel that wraps around his waist, forcing a smile, and said, "Now, that smells like home." I gestured him to the dining table, but he wanted to be decent first before meal time. I poured us a glass of cold juice on the table, that's his favourite beverage.

As I was preparing his salad, he came from behind hugging me from my waist. Playfully, resting his head on my shoulder and inhale, whilst he asked me, "Do you always smell this good?"

"We're using the same soap when we shower." I answered. He smirks and kissed my neck by giving those fake bite. I asked him again, "Are you ok? You don't seem like yourself today. Something's off about you."

"I screwed up, babe. I screwed up at work. I'm in a mess now. I don't know why, but I'm feeling like the biggest loser today. Is there a way to get out from feeling like this?" He explained.

"Oh, did your boss gave you a hard time?"

"No, she only tells me that it could be better. I sensed her disappointments, but the more she's ok about it, I feel even worse than before."

I nodded. I stopped because we got carried away.

"Alright, what did we discussed about bringing work matters back home?" I reminded.

"That work always sucks and it should not be part of our home conversation unless it's edifying?" He recited it with a smile.

He sniffs my neck one last time, squeezing my butt, and stole a kiss from me before letting me go from that hug. He took that bowl of salad from me, as I was taking our cutleries to the table.

We washed up and head back to bed. He cuddles me from behind again. "Can I be the baby tonight? I want to feel your arm around my chest to give me an assurance that I'll be ok."

So I did what he asked. The next morning, I realised we weren't in the same position. He face was literally against mine, snoring away like a baby, wrapping his entire body on top of me. A baby he is, that so-called man of my dreams. I just hug him, his stops snoring, he smiled and said, "I love you."

We kissed.

No comments:

Post a Comment