September 23, 2017

Laundry


It was a warm night, and I'm down at the laundry place for a quick wash. I always choose Wednesday and Friday, so that I could plan my weekend to fold and do some ironing altogether at the same time. So, my usual Vivaldi's Four Season and a paperback is what gets me through that 25 minutes of wash and dry.

Mrs Myers has always been my laundry companion for the past 2 years. She's this little 72 year old grandma whom we always greeted, and exchange a few words of cares and concerns for each other. After those few minutes of quality times, we are back to our chores. I love her to bits and I will always remember to buy her flowers just to put that cute little smile on her face which brightens up my day and of course hers as well.

I have not been seeing her lately and I was worried for her well-being. But there was this unfamiliar face whom he's just walks in washing his non regular clothing clumsily. Politely, he came to ask how laundry is done. So, I showed him some few good tricks to get most out of his detergent and coins in just 1 wash.

He was appreciative and thanked me with a smile. And that's when I realized he has this very uncanny trademark smile. Perhaps he might be related to someone I know. I might be wrong. My laundry is done and I wondering whether Mrs Myers is still doing well. I wanted to pay her a visit, but this guy still looks busy and confused by sorting out his bucket of clothings.

"Erm... Do you mind telling me again, whether the detergent should be a spoon or two?" He asked with much embarrassment.

"Just one will do. You're just having that amount of clothing, with two spoons, you might wash all of these clothing through the night and still feel them soapy." I explained.

He smiled with an appreciation while sorting out his clothing. And I, with my weakness for men, I've decided to approach him by extending a lending hand.

"I can help, if you want to." I extended.

"Oh, please do teach me. I'm not good with stuff like this and I need to learn fast." He was scratching his head while explaining.

"Says who?" I asked. He just smile without an answer.

As I was sorting out all of his clothing. Suddenly, I pulled out a huge bra. 

I was stunt. I looked at him. My face puzzled. 

He looked at me. Gesturing to explain. He blushed.

I giggled and lifted it up, "Erm... I hope this isn't a surprise that I'm not ready to know." I joked. 

He burst into laughter. 

I really enjoyed the sound of his laughter, secretly.

"You're not into MILF fetishes, are you?" I continued. He just laughs and shakes his head gesturing 'no'.

"Woh... Now, you really brightens up my day. These pile are for my Nana. These over here, those are mine." He was smiling as he was telling me which laundry are who's. I caught a Calvin Klein underwear. So hot!

"Ohh, now that explains a lot. Allow me to apologize with my offensive behavior. I usually think of something witty to talk about. Hope you don't get offended by my crudeness." I sincerely apologized.

"Hey, please don't feel bad. Well, at least you've made me laugh rather than some girls hitting on me during food packing." He smirked. 

Wait, what's that again. He doesn't like girls hitting on him?

"Who's your Nana? If you don't mind me asking." I asked.

"Her name is Nancy Myers. Have you heard of her?"

"Mrs Myer? She's my laundry buddy in this building. Wednesdays and Fridays. What happened to her? It's been quite sometime since I last saw her." I switched and sounded concern all of a sudden.

"She's fallen ill, and she needed a helping hand, so I came by to help her out. I'm just staying a few blocks down. I was recently transferred here for work about 3 months ago." He was explaining. "Oh, I'm Nathan by the way."

"Hey, I'm Kyle. Is she getting better? Can I see her?" Still asking about Mrs Myers.

"Sure! I think she'll enjoys some company. She would definitely love that. Nana has been improving but she's getting a little pampered with me now. Haha!!!" He seems to joke about his complains which was a delight.

"I can see why." Too quick stupid!

"Excuse me?" He asked.

"Sorry, I was saying "Now I know why." I brushed it off and I hope he didn't catch that.

"Haha" Nathan eyed me with a paused. "Do you have time for coffee after meeting up with my Nana? As a way of saying thank you for helping me with laundry." He asked.

"Of course!" I agreed so fast because I enjoy the short conversations with him. Sincerely, I think I would want to get to know him better.


************************ 7 months later ***************************


"Kyle baby, laundry now, coffee later?" My darling Nathan just asked.

"Nana first, then only coffee later. Remember?" I reminded him.

"No wonder she loves you more than me. What a kiss ass." He teased and hugged me.

"I love you more. That's why we both kissed each other's asses." I explained with a giggle.

"Shut up!" He nudges me. "I still can't comprehend Nana's acceptance of our relationship. She still puzzles me until today." He said and stole a small kiss from me.

"Haha... Why don't we ask her later?" I proposed.

Nathan's eyes got wider and gave me a longer kiss and said, "Kyle, I know you think I'm hot and you have never admitted it, and you have never tell it to my face before."

"What makes you said so?" He was right but how?


"I can see why" he uttered with a wink.

We burst into laughter and cuddled each other an hour more before we headed to our laundry. Now, the smell of laundry detergents reminds me of how much I love my Nathan.

No comments:

Post a Comment