June 14, 2017

Read to me 05 - Sickly Sunday


You know that feeling of being cold in the morning and was assured with a blanket covering you while you're sleeping on a bed, next to him. He wasn't snoring as he used to but he was facing me because he wasn't feeling good for the past 2 days and wanted to be nursed only by me.

His sleep was so disturbed that I have to give him all the attention with timely medication so that he would go back to sleep for a really good rest with the assurance I'm there. Occasionally, he's chatty. So, we strike up some conversational topics that we have not even discussed before.

What would rain sounds like when we are at the seaside? When birds chirping during spring, are they conversing like how love birds do? Is the sound of our cling clang cutlery during a posh fine dining dinner a rude thing to do? These were our conversations while he was still dreamy or half awake. He's funny.

We both considered ourselves very reliant on one another, so much so that we can't be seen without each other on any occasion. He will laughed it off every end of a gathering by saying to me, "We are never going to be separated isn't it? There are so many hotter guys than me in there for crying out loud. And I don't feel anything about them but only for you!"

My usual reply is, "Who talks like that, you weirdo? I am only physically attracted to them but I still prefer that emotional connection with you more than anything else. Nothing can replace that." We both eyed each other and laughed off at our cynical traits of fishing compliments from each other. We both knew it and we both enjoyed it. We will continue doing so until we are sick of it. 

He's on the verge of recovery and he seems more relax this time while he's sleeping. Literally sound asleep with his mouth open so wide, he doesn't even know he just gave himself away that he's already healing. I know he will deny it because of the attention he gets. I do have to admit that I have a very spoilt boyfriend.

I did my best to creep out of bed so that I can prepare a good meal for him before he pops in his final round of medication. As I slip off the bed as slowly as possible, he pulled me back. I turned to him and explain, "I'm going to make you breakfast before you take your meds."

"No, please stay with me." In a husky voice and continue with, "It's only 6.47am, and you know I enjoy cuddling with you in the morning. Just stay for a bit." He requested politely with his eyes close. I agreed anyway, to stay and he quickly wraps that same blanket over me and underneath that, he wraps his leg over me like a bolster.

The things you always watch on TV or read in books are always a cliché. But how he does it to me, in my ears (even though we are the only ones in the house) he still whispers to me and says, "Thank you nerd, I love you so so much."

And I asked myself, what would my reply be?


"I love you more." was my reply. We hugged and kissed a little before we got back to our lazy Sunday snooze.

No comments:

Post a Comment