February 27, 2017

Read to me 01 -- Cafe


**Before I knew him**

This was when we're both were plainly acquaintances. We constantly bump into each other in my favourite cafe. You see, my usual routine on a Saturday afternoon is to have my mug of java and a book sitting on my favourite spot in that cafe. I know when my OCD kicks in if my usual spot has been occupied and I'll have to choose another spot for my reading pleasure. Moreover, my favourite spot has this 2 little couches with a mini round coffee table in between, I think I am able to manage by sharing it without getting myself distracted.

And there he was, seated right there at 2.30pm. 
On my favourite couch!
At my favourite spot!
I'm not entirely upset because there was another couch right opposite him. 
(Why can't he just sit on the other couch instead? Shut up and be cool with it!)

I gave him my killer smile and stood right opposite him and exhale loudly to express my frustration.

He nodded, gave a genuine smile and said,

"This cafe is really nice, isn't it?"

Now, I felt bad and I answered hesitantly,

"Why yes, it is." 
(...and you're sitting at my favourite spot! Shut the hell up already!

"Is this taken?" I asked politely. 

He was sipping his coffee, immediately he shakes his head and in a hurry he place his mug down by giving me the Please-Sit gesture.


**After I know him**

There he was, sitting right in front of me topless, staring. That mischievous look. That dirty smirk.

"I love how you are so engrossed with your book." He said.

"Ya ya... Stop staring and go back to reading, please?" I replied.

"Not until you kiss me first."

"What for?" I questioned.

He laughed and said "Reading opposite each other is how we first met. And each time we do that, we have to kiss."

As the sun is setting, birds chirping, my book fell unto the floor as we kissed and fondled each other until it's time for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment