April 02, 2020

Smell

Photo Credit: Waynn Images

As I am hovering my nose around his chest, smelling him, it wasn't the smell of skin but it was the smell of familiarity. The smell of home. I'm inching myself downwards to his stomach, he started giggling and said to me, "Hey, that's still under construction. Come back up here." I refused and I exhaled when I steal a naughty grin of myself towards him.

He couldn't wait anymore, as he pulls me up as I insisted to put my ears on top of this stomach facing him, by listening how his inner body organs works wonder during a digestion process for a few good minutes. I ask, "Why me? Why did you agree to be with me?"


He paused from reading and replied, "Haven't we been through this already?"


I answered cheekily, "I love to hear it from you." Whilst playing with his chest hair.


He puts his book down, carry me back into his arms, kissing my face with adoration. Then he looked at my lips, passionately we kissed. He pulls himself away by adding a small peck on my nose and says, "You know, every time when you asked me, I gave you the same answer."


"Hmm..." dreamily I agree.


"So this is what I'm going tell you why, with the real reason that you will never forget. It's because when you are here with me, I became a better man for you. When you are beside me, you make me want to love everyone that's around me despite that you wanted me to love you more. When you are standing with me, my parents accepted me for who I am with much more love and support. When you are now with me, I felt I am belonged to you."


He stops. I can't breathe. He never said this to me before. I wanted him to stop.


"And when you laugh, you make feel things I never thought I could. When you cry, I want to embrace you with all my care and assurance with a humongous hug. When you are angry with me, I want to say sorry a million times but you're always forgiving. And when you're sad, you broke my heart every time because I can't get into your feelings by reversing that sadness into joy."


He teared. He didn't stop and continue to say,


"That's why, it's you. It's always you. You've made me into a person I like to be. And no one else could ever replace you."


I cried. We hugged. We cuddled. We appreciate our love so much more with assurance of words and still wanting more. And so, I whispered softly towards his upper lips when he finished, "I love you, too."


We fell asleep onto each other's embrace.

No comments:

Post a Comment