November 21, 2017

Aradamis

Photo Credit: Waynn Images

I live by the sea for 23 years. My parents died here when I was 4 years of age. I am raised by 2 lovely souls with an enormous heart to care for my well-being. Their loved for me is border-less. They taught me everything I know about the sea. Often they asked, whether I still remember how my parents look like. I always shakes my head with an assuring no. This inkling in me often makes me think if my answer differs, it will break their heart so bad.

Every night, when they'd fast asleep, I will go by the edge of that dock just to stare blank at the darken horizon just to speak with my parents. Asking myself, will they ever recognize me? Will they remember my voice? Whom do I looked like the most? Are my hobbies similar with either of them? I will never ever know.

The occasional moonlight and starlight sparkling reflection through the surface of the seawater reminisce how mama sang that beautiful song for me. She always allows my toes to tingle just a little of that seawater just to make me giggle. I can never remember the words, but I'm able to hum along that sweet melodic music that makes me really joyful.

Here I am, my usual date in the dark, as the salty sea breeze gracing through my face, the humming of mama's music within me starts. I thought it was me but it's not. It felt like it was coming from within me. The humming was as low as my diaphragm tremors, and within minutes, there was a big splash on my right which taken me by surprise. And there was laughter... Joyful laughter... I've not heard before.

"Raphael! Turn around, I'm right beside you!" That voice exclaimed with excitement.

"Where are you? Who are you? How do you know my name? Is this some kind of joke?" The chill goes directly into my bones as I am trembling with so much fear. What is really going on?

"Raphael, Raphael... My dear Raphael, I've been watching you since you were small. How could I not know you?" That voice came back again on my left this round with lots of splashing sound.

"You're scaring me... I'm leaving. This is all a dream. A nightmare! I'm heading back!" I'm trembling with fear and I can't move away.

"No wait! Don't go! I'm your friend. Why are you afraid of me?" His voice is like inches away from my right side now and that endless splashing is really annoying.

"Friend? What are you? I can't even decipher what or who you are. I can't even see you." I questioned him.

The sudden burst of emerald lights and turquoise sparks with all that seawater splashes around me that caught me off guard. I stare directly into the voyage, and still, I'm searching for a creature of any sort that's able to fit that voice.

Photo Credit: Waynn Images

As the figure starts appearing, I just couldn't believe my eyes, he was standing majestically in front of me, fully nude. He's shining so bright which brought much more fear to me. So I boldly asked,

"Who... who... are you? And what... what are you?"

"Raphael, I'm a merman. And my name is Adamaris. You should already know me by now. That song you hum nightly is what brought us to you." That man said so with a voice so thunderous.

"Us? Who's us? What song?" I asking in a state of denial.

"That song your mother hums before she was taken away. We are your guardians from this ocean and you are one of us. I'm in my human form when I'm not part of the ocean, hence my transformation as a merman is when I touch the essence of this earth, the seawater." He explains.

"You... You know my mother?You know my parents? You know them? Can I see them? You do have special powers like what you did just now... I want to see them. I missed them so much, I missed them dearly!" I've lost all control when I say it, and when I knew I stopped, I was already kneeling down sobbing.

He came over to me to pick me up. And without a hint, he came by to kiss me on my lips and the world around me swirl violently and I can't hold on to that whirlpool of rush as I'm being brought to another dimension of time. It was so quick as he pulls his lips away from me and he uttered,

"I think that's enough for tonight."

"You've... You've just... Showed me my past. So much has happened. So much! I can't seem to take it in all at once. Why are you doing this to me? Tell me more, please" I am confuse and clear with so much truth being thrown to me all in one kiss. I couldn't comprehend the magical truth behind what Aradamis has done to me.

"You've just experienced the wonders of the ocean's secret. Of all the people I've known, you have that privileged for me to do so because you're part of us. Now that you've understand the reason behind your parent's departure, I want you to consider this wisely." He took a deep breath and continues, "that song is the royal emblem to our people in the ocean with the highest of respect. Use it for good as I will be watching you always."

"But that kiss..." I uttered something I thought I shouldn't.

"Yes, that kiss I gave you are both magical and personal at the same time. I hope you don't mind the twist towards the end." He giggled.

"Adamaris, I couldn't have thank you enough. I don't know what to say. Is this not a dream?" I blushed.

"Say no more!" As he hands out a necklace full of shining emerald pearls with pictures of my parents in it, and he says, "Raphael, this necklace is made by all of us and we want you to have it. Keep it as it will safeguard your heart with so much love and respect. Call me when you need me. I'm always a hum away."

He jumps back into the sea with a big splash of water covered me and in split seconds I saw him transformed into a full fledged beautiful merman. Shining still, he swam back beautifully into the deep. He turns back and waves goodbye towards my direction and swept off like a speed of light.

So, I thought to myself, I must be dreaming. Or I'm having a vision because this can't be it. It can't be it. A merman...? I'm delusional! I might have just fall into the sea and knock my head somewhere and got  myself thinking there's a merman in this world.

But what's within my hand that I'm holding. That sparkling necklace is what reminds me of the reality of Aradamis. Am I really part of the ocean? Am I part of them? I will never know until my next encounter with Aradamis. Is he real? Was the kiss a sense of my delusional past or was it truly magical? I will never know. 

As I walk home, both my earthly guardians were behind me all this while witnessing that enchanting episode. Mother was sobbing with so much joy and tears and said this to me,

"I was about to tell you when you're ready, but I didn't know they'd come sooner than I expected."

Father said,

"We know you are very special, but we didn't expect them to come so soon."

With a big smile, I assured them that I won't be going anywhere because nothing beats the love and care the have given me. That kiss tells me much more than I need. I know now who loves me more and how their love has brought me up with so much respect of the care that they've been giving.

My time with the dock will now end because I know now the truth that Aradamis has given to me. As for Aradamis, I will treasure that special encounter with awe and wonder. I will call for him again soon but not now. 

Now, is the time for me to love my cute little parents who brought me up with so much tender loving care. That 19 years is what I've considered truly magical to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment